Session 1: your board today
The building blocks of good governance – workshop conducted by an expert from GUBERNA
- What are the essential building blocks of good governance?
- What is the difference between an advisory board and a board of directors?
- How can good governance contribute to a more resilient organisation?
- What are the options?
Together with you, we will take a closer look at the tasks, powers and responsibilities of each of the governance bodies and how they interact.
An entrepreneur who has completed a governance trajectory, shares his experience and practical tips on the following topics:
- What should you take into account when composing your board?
- How can you make your board function optimally?
- Does a board with outsiders mean that you give up a bit of control or does it just allow you to have more control over the ins and outs of your organisation?
This practical testimony will allow you to check all your expectations and questions.
Governance Mapping – workshop conducted by an expert from DEMINOR Shareholder & Governance Services
Together we map out the most important characteristics of the governance of your organisation. We reflect on the desired size and composition of your future board based on your strategic challenges and determine the expected agenda of the first meetings of your future advisory board or board of directors.
At the end of day 1, you will have access to the GUBERNA GMS-tool (Governance Maturity Scan) which provides you with a clear overview of where you stand in the professionalisation of your board. The GUBERNA GMS indicates which points you still need to reflect on.
Session 2: your board of tomorrow
Results GUBERNA GMS tool – workshop conducted by the experts of GUBERNA and DEMINOR Shareholder & Governance Services
We analyse the results of the GUBERNA GMS tool individually and as a group and use them to determine what you want to achieve with your future board.
- Which profiles should be present?
- How many independent directors do you want to involve?
- How often will your board of directors/advisors meet?
- Are the strategic points of attention for the future board sufficiently clearly defined?
- Are you ready to take the step?
An entrepreneur who has already completed a governance trajectory shares his experience and practical tips with you. Through this practical testimony, you can address all your expectations and questions.
The composition of your future board" – workshop conducted by the experts of GUBERNA and DEMINOR Shareholder & Governance Services
Together we define the job descriptions for your future directors/advisors based on the previous reflections and identify the hard skills (and soft skills) your board needs to further grow your business and serve as a sounding board for the strategic challenges you have identified.