Les inscriptions pour cet événement sont clôturées
The world is in transition, and so is governance. The impact of societal, political and legislative changes on a board of directors is substantial. Today, we live through the transition of value creation to sustainable value creation. In 2021, the Belgian Code 2020 added an explanatory note about sustainable value creation. What does it mean? How can we embody it, bring it into reality, even in these politically and economically volatile times?
Though the principles of sustainable value creation are perhaps clear, how can we implement them concretely in a monthly meeting of the board of directors? How can we make the trade-off between going for a green transition and economic welfare? In every meeting, a director might be confronted by these questions.
The third element of ESG, Environment, Social and Governance is often overlooked, whereas good governance is crucial as a means to reach better environmental and social conditions.
GUBERNA wants to offer you guidance how to successfully cope with those challenges, by its proven recipe of academic-based research and case studies combined with testimonials of experienced directors.
GUBERNA created together with Belgium’s 40 under 40 (Autumn Cohort 2021) a two-day programme on sustainable value creation.
- What does sustainable value creation mean for me, my board and my organisation?
- We will show you concrete, real and realistic cases to set you on the way of transforming your organisation from a focus on value creation to a focus on sustainable value creation.
- Discover with us the concrete impact of EU ESG regulation on your board of directors. What changes, what doesn’t change? Analyze with us the impact of sustainable finance policies on your financial statements.
- Work with us on a governance framework that is adaptable for your board and organisation. How ready is the composition of your board for the future?
- This programme unites the expertise of GUBERNA with the engagement and transformative knowledge of Belgium’s 40 under 40. We also welcome the insights of Chapter Zero Brussels.
Get-to-know and Coffee
Part 1: The G in ESG: What does it mean for you?
GUBERNA sets the scene: background, concepts and importance
Is your organisation prepared? How does ESG affect your strategy?
Part 2: Assess impact workshop
Discover the impact of EU ESG regulation on your organisation
Discover the impact of sustainable finance regulations on your financial statements
Coffee & keytake-aways from day 1
Part 1: Sustainable value creation and remuneration
Panel discussion on sustainable value creation
A long-term perspective. How to get there in your board?
Part 2: Human capital, remuneration & board composition
Sustainable Leadership and executive remuneration
Part 3 : Climate urgency
Why should climate change be our top priority?
- Sara Vermeir - Practice Leader Global Development, Russell Reynolds Associates
- Victoria Vandeputte - Independent Board Member, Ackermans & van Haaren
- Steven Serneels - Impact investor, Board Member & Social Business Angel
- Marcel Rottiers - Managing Director, P.A.S. & ex Willis Towers Watson
- Philippe Joubert - Founder & CEO, Earth on Board
- Peter Michiels - Executive HR Director, Elia
- Sandra Gobert - Executive Director, GUBERNA
- Thibaut Georgin - Chair ot he Board, SNCB/NMBS
- Saartje Verbeke - Lifelong Learning Manager, GUBERNA
- Pierre-Henri D’haene - Head of Sustainability, Elia Adjunct Sustainable Finance Professor
- Sofie Foets - Founder, Tada & Executive coach
- Amélie Matton - CEO, Ecosteryl
- Maxime Peeters - Policy & Projects Manager Sustainable Energy, Port of Antwerp-Bruges
- David Veredas - Partner & full professor, Vlerick Business School
- Abigail Levrau - Knowledge & Research Director, GUBERNA