Roundtable Cycle: Corporate Governance in a new framework
The corporate governance landscape in Belgium will soon undergo a number of significant evolutions. Not only is there a new Code of Companies and Associations in the making, but also the Belgian Code on Corporate Governance for listed companies is subject to a thorough review. Additionally, in May 2017 we already welcomed the third edition of the Code Buysse.
With this roundtable cycle, GUBERNA wants to inform its members as well as its non-members about the most important changes and to discuss the concrete interpretation of the opportunities offered. We want to focus primarily on the specific translation to the corporate governance practice, both in terms of governance structures and the interpretation of behaviour and expectations regarding shareholders, directors, management and the parties involved. Since we strive for the necessary depth, we opt to tackle the most relevant governance aspects in a number of separate roundtables. Since GUBERNA wants to be on the ball in this roundtable cycle and certain texts are not yet finalised, a number of practical elements will only be filled in at a later stage.
- Roundtable 1: The new corporate governance recommendations for Belgian listed companies
- Roundtable 2: The right governance model for the limited company (NV/SA)
- Roundtable 3: The private company (BV/SRL) as the most polyvalent legal form
- Roundtable 4: Shareholder governance in the forthcoming Code of Companies and Associations and the forthcoming 2020 Code on Corporate Governance
- Roundtable 5: The director in a changing Belgian corporate governance context
- Roundtable 6: A single Code of Companies and Associations: The association to follow the example of the company?
Keep an eye on our website for more information and to register your participation.
Annelies De Wilde