Save the date ! The next GUBERNA Summer School ... June 30th 2022
The GUBERNA Summer School is part of our permanent education programmes and intends to keep our certified directors up-to-date on the latest trends and developments within governance.
After last years’ successful editions on digitalisation and sustainability (2020); on the human factor, the essence of board interaction and decision-making (2021), the theme of this year is in line with GUBERNA’s strategic theme “CAP2030 Governance in transition”: Sustainable Governance: The bigger picture.
Since the Paris agreements and the European launch of the Green Deal, sustainability and ESG are high on the agenda of professional board. Although our number one priority to save the planet is reducing greenhouse gas emissions, sustainability brings many more challenges and changes for boards. In our Summer School, we aim to show you the bigger picture. How can corporate social and environmental responsibility be a beacon for innovation capability and sustainable entrepreneurship? What is a sustainable value? How do you reduce a negative impact and increase a positive one? How do you tackle social themes in your board? How do experienced board member deal with crisis situations, be it an environmental, a health or a geopolitical crisis? Do boards need different capabilities and competencies in crisis? How do boards deal with the urgency of transition combined with business constraints?
Our academic experts and experienced practitioners will be providing answers and guidelines to these questions.
- Prof. dr. Valérie Swaen (President of the Louvain Research Institute in Management and Organizations - LouRIM UCLouvain and leading the Louvain CSR network)
- Prof. Dr. Kurt De Ketelaere (Professor of Environmental law KULeuven)
- Prof. dr. Abigail Levrau (Knowledge & Research Officer GUBERNA)
- Ingrid Lieten (Chairperson Jessa Ziekenhuis, Director Verso)
- Delia Mensitieri (Ghent University, ATOLO)
- Thibault Georgin (chairperson SNCB-NMBS)
- Gilles Klass (Corporate director)
What to expect?
- Q&A opportunities throughout the sessions to ask experts your questions
- Crossed perspectives and exchange of experiences
- Gain permanent education points as a GUBERNA Certified Director: 7 points
- The sessions will be given predominantly in English
- Certificate of completion for attending the full programme
- Serendipity networking