How can I receive the title of GUBERNA Certified Director?
GUBERNA, the knowledge centre for good governance in Belgium, organises different open education opportunities for (candidate) board members. Our open education programme is composed of 3 modules that build on each other: Director Effectiveness, Board Effectiveness en Board Simulation. These education programmes are for experienced as well as candidate board members, from diverse organisations, independent of size, corporate or non-corporate. The GUBERNA education programmes and related procedures are regularly subject to a critical review and are challenged by our Alumni.
The following courses give access to a certificate.
- You can obtain the "Certificate Director Effectiveness" by taking a (written) knowledge-based exam. Everyone that followed all the lessons of module I “Director Effectiveness” can register for this exam.
- You can obtain the “Certificate Board Effectiveness” by analysing a case (written). Everyone that regularly followed Module II “Board Effectiveness” (minimum 80% of the lessons) can register for this exam.
How do I become GUBERNA Certified Director?
The board members who followed the 3 GUBERNA education programmes mentioned above (Director Effectiveness, Board Effectiveness and Board Simulation) and who obtained the accompanying certificates, can receive the title of GUBERNA Certified Director, if they meet the following conditions:
- Being a member at GUBERNA and being aligned with the membership contributions before the yearly General Member Forum of GUBERNA
- Endorse and comply with the Charter van de GUBERNA Director
- Having knowledge of the procedures for certification and committed oneself to the following permanent education for a total of 30 points spread over a period of 3 years. You can find the points awarded for each event and continuous education on the relevant webpage.